2121 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20052
Associate Director, Institutional Giving
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
I. JOB OVERVIEW
|Job Description Summary:||
The Academic Medical Center at the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is seeking an Associate Director of Institutional Giving. Under the supervision of the Director of Institutional Giving, the Associate Director works with faculty and program staff within the George Washington University Academic Medical Center to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships with corporate, foundation, and other institutional (non-government) prospects. Focusing on priorities as set by senior academic medical center leadership, the Associate Director will identify prospects that align with priorities; cultivate relationships and engage prospects in the priorities of the medical center; work closely with faculty to develop concept papers, sponsorship packets, and proposals; and strategically steward funders.
• Maintain an active portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects and implement strategic cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies in partnership with faculty and leadership. Identify opportunities to engage prospects in activities and programs at the medical center
• Prepare written proposals and informational materials to secure grant and sponsorship support, primarily in the $1,000 to $100,000 to support Centers and Institutes, including the GW Cancer Center and research range to support events, youth development, health promotion, community outreach, and other initiatives
• Provides responsive and well-informed advice regarding corporate and foundation funding sources and solicitation strategies to faculty and colleagues
• Stays informed and knowledgeable about university funding priorities, campus and departmental strategic plans, programs, and faculty interests in order to alert appropriate contacts to new external funding opportunities
• Works closely with the Director, as needed, on large initiatives for research and other strategic priorities
• Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
|Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:|
Bachelor’s degree and two to four years of demonstrated successful corporate and foundation fundraising experience, ideally in a healthcare or health-related institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position is preferred.
II. JOB DETAILS
|Campus Location:||Foggy Bottom|
|College/School/Department:||School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS)|
|Family||Dev & Alumni Relations|
|Hours Per Week:||40|
|Work Schedule:||Monday through Friday 8:30-5:00|
|Position Designation:||Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work.|
|Required Background Check:||Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, Credit|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
|Internal Applicants Only?||No|
|Job Open Date:||11/23/2016|
|Job Close Date:||04/28/2017|
|If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:|
|Background Screening||Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.|
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3